Congrats to Eileen Griffin, the winner of my Superhero Problem Solving unit! And, thanks for all the sweet comments about my new blog design. We have just started my new unit in class, and I'm excited about helping my firsties understand the problem solving process better. I've created a STARS acronym for problem solving. Here is the poster I designed which is included in the unit:
We've also started working on learning/reviewing a new strategy each day...beginning with the "Use Manipulatives" strategy. Each day features a problem solving poster for our bulletin board and a problem solving strategy mini book for extra practice. The manipulatives mini book includes paper manipulatives to cut out and use. :) Y'all go check out the unit at TPT! It's 20% off through Friday!!